Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Masters and Horiscopes

So my sign is Cancer...yep i'm one of those July Birthdays. I'm not the only one in the MWCC either, Paul Matthews and Mark Savery are Cancers as well.

So as I approach my birthday which is now just 1 month away (20th), it occurs to me that my racing age is 34 for xc and road this year. However, CX season changes everything. Since racing age is for the following season, my CX racing age is 35 this year. Yep, I'm old enough to race masters. More importantly I can race masters in the other disciplines next year as well.

Now I've been pretty self reflective the last few weeks so conitnuing down that path, I'm recalling getting back into racing after grad school. I was 25, fat and out of shape. Some years later I'm skinny again, and much faster. My asthma is in control (mostly). But holy crap that seems like forever ago. I guess time flys when your having fun, or put more correctly suffering and racing.

So here's to looking forward to racing with the old(er) or shall we say more mature racers this fall and next year...Now I too can double up on race days!

J

No comments: