Friday, November 4, 2011

Quick Injury Report

Ok,
Couple of injuries to report on:

Right Wrist
So just after Dakota 5-0 I sprained my wrist bad riding Tranquility Park with Mike Miles. I went over the bars, and came down on my right wrist. After waking up with it swollen and not able to move it the next day I headed to the Doctor's office for some x-rays. No broken bones but a really bad sprain. 2 weeks in a wrist brace and 1 week no riding.

So it seemed to improve quickly and its about 85%. Racing CX hasn't helped it get back to 100%. Crashing at Cattle Cross on my right hand re-aggrevated it a bit. Wish it was better but it will heal the rest of the way at the end of the season in a months time.

Right thumb:
So at Morgan Cross I crashed and jacked up my right thumb. It was swollen for several days and was really painful to shift. In fact I had a numb sensation even shifting the thumb controls on a MTB. After a couple weeks Becky finally asked I get it looked at. Again X-rays. Nothing broken. But its going to be slow to heal I guess. It hurts periodically and I can't grip things too tight. Again it will heal at the end of the season. It's getting better week by week and I'd say its about 75%.

Everything else, scrapes from crashes are all but healed now.

No comments: