Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What a difference

So yesterday was January 3rd, 2011. Since I'm a couple weeks into base and also back into my stricter paleo routine, I thought I'd compare my weight with 1 year ago yesterday.

January 3, 2010
Weight: 163

January 3, 2011
Weight: 151.8

So yeah i'm a little over 11 poundes lighter this year. As a note of reference last year I started the Paleo Diet after Christmas. Both years I started base in mid-December. At my leanest last year in June I was 150.5 pounds. This year I've made a couple more changes, no alcohol till feb-march (aside form a couple glasses of the bubbly on New Years). I may cut out coffee and go to green tea for a month. Otherwise its just standard Paleo stuff.

I've noted in the past (I think) the combination of the Paleo diet and the base phase (lots of easy fat-burning days) result in big weight loss (at least for me).  Other notable results came from Mike and Mark as well. Mark did his cleanse and lots of base type stuff and lost alot, Mike just cut calories and road long endurance rides as well to achieve weight loss.  As such, I have some goals for this year, I'm not posting them and I'll be comfortable even if I don't hit those targets as i'm pretty light now. Needless to say, last year I felt myself get faster as those pounds came off, this year starting at that leaner weight will hopefully make the riding even easier.

So, other updates, yeah I'm in early base phase, lots of easy riding. A good gravel ride on Sunday. Great meals with the wife.  I'm still working on the 2011 race calendar but its coming soon.

Hope everyone has had a good and safe New Year...bring on 2011.

J

No comments: